Advantages of Agile model:
- People and interactions are given importance rather than process and tools. Customers, developers and testers constantly interact with each other.
- Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months).
- Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication.
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
- Even late changes in requirements are welcomed
Disadvantages of Agile model:
- In case of some software deliverables, especially the large ones, it is difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the software development life cycle.
- There is lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation.
- The project can easily get taken off track if the customer representative is not clear what final outcome that they want.
- Only senior programmers are capable of taking the kind of decisions required during the development process. Hence it has no place for newbie programmers, unless combined with experienced resources.